Campaigning for access to informationEdited by
Orders within the United Kingdom include VAT.
A FAHAMU BOOKS AND PAMBAZUKA PRESS PUBLICATION
Combining the freedom of information campaigning expertise of Article 19: Global Campaign for Free Expression with Fahamu's extensive experience of developing and running courses, this CD-ROM is meant for people and organisations in Africa who have an interest in the issue of access to information.
• It can expose corruption, making government and the economy more efficient
• It can uncover mismanagement of food supplies, making shortages less likely
• It can expose environmental hazards that threaten health and livelihoods
• It can reduce the danger of human rights violations
• It can increase popular participation in government and development. The right of access to information is based on the assumption that information held by public institutions is the property of the public. In addition, the public should also have access to information held by private bodies such as companies if this is needed to protect or realise their own rights.
Title Campaigning for access to information
Edited by Pambazuka Press
Publisher Pambazuka Press
Imprint Fahamu Books
BISAC Subject Heading POL055000 POLITICAL SCIENCE / World / Australian & Oceanian
Audience 01 General / trade
Audience Activists, campaigners, NGO-workers, academics, journalists, commentators
Credit Fahamu Ltd
Subject Scheme Identifier Code 93 Thema subject category: JP 94 Thema geographical qualifier: 1M