How to submit a book proposal to Fahamu Books and Pambazuka Press
Fahamu Books is a pan-African publisher of progressive books that stimulate debate, discussion, analysis and engagement on human rights and social justice in Africa and the global South. We are particularly keen to publish short books that arm social activists and social movements to engage effectively in campaigning on social justice.
We aim to make our books widely available in Africa at affordable prices. Fahamu Books is happy to receive proposals for books from prospective authors. It will help us to properly assess your proposal if you provide the following information with your book proposal:
* A title and sub-title
* A synopsis of the book, including an outline of its argument
* A list of chapters, with a brief description of each
* Why it is important that this book is published
* The audience it is aimed at, both in terms of its geography and type of readership
* An analysis of the competition
* Word length
* Any proposed illustrative material, e.g. line drawings, photographs or maps
* Proposed date of submission
* Your CV
* The names and contact details of two referees.
Please send your proposal, including all the information listed above, to bookproposals[at]fahamu[dot]org.